Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bruschetta



A few weeks ago, my friend Shannon brought this bruschetta to a church activity. I knew right when I tasted it that Steve would love it.  I made it a couple of weeks later for a BBQ we were hosting at our house, and then again for our family 4th of July BBQ.  I had some left over the 2nd time, so I sauteed it the next night and served it on Steve's pasta with Alfredo sauce. He really liked it.
The recipe says to serve it on focaccia that has been toasted under the broiler then rubbed with garlic. That is how Shannon served it, and it was super yummy. I did it a little more low-key and just served it with a sliced baguette. This is a great make-ahead appetizer. 


Bruschetta



2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered or halved, depending on their size
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

Combine all ingredients, toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving, tossing to coat occasionally.  Serve with bread that has been drizzled with olive oil and toasted, then rubbed with fresh garlic.
* I added 1 clove of chopped fresh garlic to the bruschetta the second time I made it since I wasn't serving it with bread that was rubbed with garlic.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...