Monday, March 19, 2012

Asparagus and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts


Have I mentioned how much I love asparagus? The other day I was searching on allrecipes.com for something new to do with asparagus and I came across this recipe. I was excited to try it. I changed a few things from the original recipe, mostly because some of the reviews of the recipe said it turned out a little dry. So I added a little bit of mayo to the outside of each roll, and they ended up super moist and very flavorful. My husband made some kind of statement about it being something like you would see in a pricey restaurant. I will definitely take that as a compliment! And I will definitely be making this again!

Asparagus and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
16 asparagus spears, bottom 1-2 inches cut off
about 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
about 1/4 cup mayonnaise
bread crumbs (regular or panko. I used panko, but the original recipe calls for regular)
garlic salt

Place each chicken breast between two sheet of parchment paper, or in a large ziplock baggie. Pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is all at an even thickness, and about 1/4 of an inch thick. Salt and pepper the chicken, then place 4 spears of asparagus and about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken around the asparagus tightly. Place each chicken breast, seam side down, on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam (or equivalent). Spread a thin layer of mayo all over the top and sides of each piece of chicken. Then sprinkle garlic salt on each piece. Finish by sprinkling a good amount of bread crumbs on each piece. Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is completely done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...