Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stuffed Crescent Breakfast Braid


My niece Morgan (that I adore) emailed me this recipe a couple of weeks ago because she had tried it, liked it, and thought that my fam would like it. We really did! This recipe is a keeper. I love trying new breakfast recipes on our "Saturday morning, big breakfast days".  This recipe is going to be a great "breakfast for dinner" recipe too! Thanks Morgan!

Stuffed Crescent Breakfast Braid

1 can/roll of Crescent Rolls
Scrambled eggs (4 or 5 eggs)
1/2 cup chopped ham (original recipe called for bacon...)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Scramble eggs in a skillet. (You will want to under-cook your eggs at this point, since you will be putting them in the oven later).
Use a rolling pin and a lightly floured work surface to slightly roll out the crescent dough and seal all the seams. (I wished that I had done this on the parchment paper that I was going to bake it on because it was hard to transfer off of the work surface I did it on). Put eggs down the center of the dough, then top eggs with ham and cheese.
Use a pizza cutter to cut slits in the dough down each side. Fold the ends in then alternately lay slits of dough over the top of the cheese to make it look braided. Does that make any sense? The original recipe came from Our Best Bites, and they have a picture tutorial here that you can look at if what I am saying makes no sense to you at all.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Mine doesn't look nearly as pretty as theirs does over on OBB, but in my own defense,
mine looked a lot better before the transfer!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...