Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ranch Cheese Ball

I was always unwilling to even try a cheese ball. They just never looked appetizing to me with all the nuts and other stuff on them.  But then, when I was first married, my sister Laurie made this one for a family get-together and insisted I try it.  It was so yummy.  There was nothing funky on it or even in it!  It is super easy to make too.  I always keep extra cream cheese around during the holidays so I can throw this together when I need a last minute snack or appetizer.

Ranch Cheese Ball

2 8oz bricks of cream cheese, softened
1 packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
about 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Mix cream cheese, ranch mix and 1 cup of cheese. I usually do it in my stand mixer, but you can use a hand mixer, or even do it by hand, just make sure the cream cheese is really soft.  Pour the rest of the cheddar cheese onto a plate.  Form cream cheese mixture into a ball with your hands, then roll it in the cheese, making sure the whole ball is covered.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.

1 comment:

rogersinkc said...

I'll have to try this one next Christmas. I made three this last year from a recipe from a ward member that has Bon Appetit seasoning, mustard, green onions in it which is to die for, but this one looks delish too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...